Florida Moves into Phase 2 of Reopening, But Leaves Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties Out
On June 3, the Governor issued Executive Order 20-139 detailing Phase 2 of Florida’s reopening plan. The plan allows for further reopening of the state beginning on Friday, June 5.
Executive Order 20-112: Plan for Reopening Florida Post COVID-19 Phase 1
Florida’s governor released an executive order outlining plans to begin reopening the state. The first phase of the governor’s “Smart. Safe. Step-By-Step.”
What Will Retail Look Like Post COVID-19
In just two months, COVID-19 has already had a devastating impact on the retail sector, leaving many wondering what the road to recovery will look like.
Governor Ron DeSantis Suspends Evictions, Foreclosures for 45 Days
Governor Ron DeSantis signed executive order 20-94 in an effort to provide temporary relief for certain mortgage foreclosures and evictions for 45 days.
Concerns for Contractors Grow Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
As construction sites in Miami Beach begin to experience mandatory closures for failing to follow social distancing guidelines, contractors in South Florida are starting to feel the impact...
What Actions Should Contractors Take to Avoid Losses Due to COVID-19?
The impact of the coronavirus on the construction industry is being felt throughout South Florida.
COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION LAW
Miami-Dade’s Latest Emergency Order Reverses Course: What It Means for Community Associations
Miami-Dade’s Latest Emergency Order Reverses Course: What It Means for Community Associations The recent spike in COVID-19 cases in Florida caused...
Important Updates on Facial Coverings
We would like to update our readers on the orders issued regarding the requirement to wear masks in public. On Monday, June 22, 2020, the City of Miami, along with North Miami Beach, Hialeah, Miami Gardens, Key Biscayne, Pinecrest, West Miami...
Reopening Florida: Miami-Dade & Broward Join Phase One
As Florida’s Governor begins to expand his plans for reopening the state to include South Florida, associations should be careful when deciding to relax any restrictions.
HEROES Act May Impact Community Associations' Collection Efforts
To continue to provide support in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, U.S. Congress is considering passing H.R. 6800 (the Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions Act or The HEROES Act!)
Miami-Dade and Palm Beach Counties Reopen Parks, Golf Courses & Boat Ramps
As of April 29, 2020, the six-week closure order currently in place for parks, golf courses and marinas located in Miami-Dade and Palm Beach County will officially come to an end.
COVID-19 Collection Strategies
While the full impact the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) will have on the economy remains uncertain, community associations are likely beginning to feel the financial crunch.
Executive Order Closes Pools & Parks in Palm Beach County
On March 29, 2020, Palm Beach County issued Emergency Order Number 3.
How Should Community Associations Handle Meetings and Common Area Use Amid Coronavirus Outbreak?
The coronavirus pandemic has created a lot of uncertainty for community associations throughout Florida, especially concerning meetings and amenity use.
Proactive Boards Should Contact Legal Counsel for Questions Concerning COVID-19 Notices and Protocols
There are now over 300 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida. Businesses and residential communities throughout the nation are doing everything necessary to avoid having this virus come knocking on their proverbial doors.
Reducing the Spread of COVID-19 in Your Condo
Protecting the residents and management staff of a building should always be a priority for board members and property managers, and their ability to do so has never been tested more than during the novel COVID-19 outbreak.
Community Associations Should Brace for a Rise in Homeowner Bankruptcy Filings in the Wake of Covid-19
Florida is home to the largest number of community associations in the United States, with approximately 50,000 homeowners and condominium associations state-wide.
How COVID-19 and the CARES Act Will Impact Chapters 7, 11 and 13 Bankruptcy Cases
On March 27, 2020, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act” or “Act”), a $2.2 trillion stimulus package aimed to mitigate the unprecedented economic consequences of the coronavirus or COVID-19...
Financial Planning in the Time of COVID-19
While the safety and health of employees should be of utmost importance for businesses during the COVID-19 outbreak, companies should also triage their financial well-being.
SBA COVID-19 Relief Guide
The U.S. government has made different programs available to support businesses that have been impacted by the novel coronavirus under the $2.2 trillion Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).
See guide here...
Families First Coronavirus Response Act: What Small and Midsize Businesses Should Know
Families First Coronavirus Response Act: What Small and Midsize Businesses Should Know As the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic causes significant economic challenges for Americans across the nation.
- Virtual Series Professional Learning - The New Lease Language
- Construction Projects, Construction Defects & COVID-19
- Board Member Certification Webinar Bonus COVID-19 Q&A Session
- Amendment No.3 to Miami-Dade County Emergency Order No. 26-20
- Amendment No. 2 to Miami-Dade County Emergency Order No. 26-20
- Executive Order 20-159
- City of Aventura State of Emergency Order Number 12
- Executive Order 20-139
- State of Florida Executive Order 20-137
- Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 23-20
- City of Miami-Amendment No.1 to-Order 20-04
- Broward County Emergency Order 20-10
- Executive Order 20-112
- Broward County Emergency Order 20-08
- Emergency Order Number 5 Palm Beach County COVID-19
- Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 21-20
- State of Florida Executive Order 20-103
- Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 20-20
- Broward County Emergency Order 20-05
- State of Florida Executive Order 20-94
- State of Florida Executive Order 20-91
- Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 15-20
- Palm Beach County Emergency Order Number 2020-002a
- Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 14-20
- Amendment No. 1 to Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 09-20
- Broward County Emergency Order 20-01
- Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 07-20
- PBC Stay Home Amendment to Order 3
- State of Florida Executive Order 20-87
- State of Florida Executive Order 20-69
- State of Florida Executive Order 20-68
- State of Florida Executive Order 20-52
- State of Florida Emergency Order 2020-04
Health and Government Websites