Position: Bookkeeper - Coral Gables Law Firm
Siegfried Rivera has an opening for a full charge Bookkeeper with a minimum of 6 years of accounting experience within a law firm environment. The right candidate must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to operate within a fast-paced working environment successfully. Join a well-established firm offering competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as an excellent opportunity for mentoring. This position is an in-house position in our Coral Gables office.Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in bookkeeping and accepted accounting principles in a legal setting
- Knowledge in legal billing, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and accounting procedures
- Knowledge in preparing monthly financial reports, reconciling multiple banks accounts to the general ledger, and performing month-end closing activities, including review of journal entries
- Knowledge of performing daily accounting tasks, including assisting in GL coding, auditing expense reports, reviewing and analyzing trust and prepaid balances
- Experience analyzing data and determining inconsistencies
- Previous experience auditing outstanding checks and clearing up stale dated checks
- Previous experience with online banking, reviewing posted transactions and wire transfers
- Must possess strong time management skills, adhering to time frames and strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to maintain confidential information and work well in a team environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus but not required
- Proficient in MS Office
- Advanced Excel software skills required
- Knowledge of PerfectLaw software is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of an Associate's degree in Accounting or other related degrees; however, may substitute experience for qualified/skilled candidates
The firm offers a full benefits package and a competitive salary.
To apply, please submit your resume and salary requirements to Cristi Acosta at [email protected]. All submissions are kept strictly confidential.
Siegfried Rivera is an equal opportunity employer.