Position: Litigation Legal Secretary
Our firm has an opening for an experienced Litigation Legal Secretary with a minimum 5+ years of experience in commercial litigation and complex cases. Candidates must be detailed oriented, organized and proficient in docketing, electronic court filing and digital document management. Competitive salary and benefits package offered.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitor calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; maintain digital database and case management software.
- Helping develop cases by maintaining contact with internal/external contacts involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
- Support case preparation by drafting pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team review.
- Ability to assist attorney with organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed.
- Keeps clients informed by assisting attorney in maintaining contact, and communicating case progress.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial litigation is required, first party property is a plus.
- Experience with state and federal court.
- Must be able to pay high attention to details, perform well under strict deadlines and communicate effectively with members of the team to accomplish tasks on time and accurately.
- Must have strong computer skills with the ability to learn new software, if needed. Knowledge of Perfect Law a plus.
- Must be able to multi-talk and work under pressure with a "can-do" attitude.
- Must have the following: Reporting Skills, Research Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Litigation, Client Relationships, Organization, Planning, Attention to Detail, Dependability and Client Confidentiality.
- Experience with Perfectlaw AIM is a plus but not required.
Seeking a minimum of an associate's degree or certificate for legal secretary or legal assistant; however, may substitute experience for qualified/skilled candidates.
To apply, please submit resume and salary requirements to Cristi Acosta at [email protected]
All candidates are considered based upon their skills, performance and potential without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected class.