Siegfried Rivera has an opening for a Senior Accountant with a minimum of 6 years’ accounting experience within a law firm environment. The right candidate must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to successfully operate within a fast-paced working environment. Join a well-established firm offering competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as an excellent opportunity for mentoring and growth. This position is an in-house position in our Coral Gables office.
- 6+ years of experience in bookkeeping and accepted accounting principles in a legal setting
- Knowledge in legal billing, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and accounting procedures
- Knowledge in preparing monthly financial reports, reconciling multiple banks accounts to the general ledger, and performing month-end closing activities, including review of journal entries
- Knowledge with performing daily accounting tasks including assisting in GL coding, auditing expense reports, reviewing and analyzing trust and prepaid balances
- Experience analyzing data and determining inconsistencies
- Experience processing biweekly payroll and entering payroll journal entries
- Previous experience auditing outstanding checks and clearing up stale dated checks
- Previous experience with online banking, reviewing posted transactions and wire transfers
- Must possess strong time management skills – adhering to time-frames and strong communication skills – writing & verbal
- Able to maintain confidential information and work well in a team environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of PerfectLaw software preferred, but not required.
A degree in Accounting is preferred; however, may substitute experience for qualified/skilled candidates.
Equal opportunity employer.