Litigation Legal Assistant
Siegfried Rivera has an opening in the Coral Gables office for an experienced Litigation Legal Assistant with a minimum 5 years' litigation experience in complex cases. Candidates must be detailed oriented, organized, and proficient in calendaring, electronic court filing and digital document management. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Keeping cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitor calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; maintain digital database and case management software; confirm case status with attorney.
- Helping develop cases by maintaining contact with internal/external contacts involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
- Support case preparation by drafting pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team review.
- Ability to assist attorney with organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed.
- 5+ years Litigation Legal Assistant experience.
- Previous experience in Construction Litigation preferred but not required.
- Must be able to pay high attention to details, perform well under strict deadlines and communicate effectively with members of the team to accomplish tasks on time and accurately.
- Must have strong computer skills with the ability to learn new software, if needed. Knowledge of PerfectLaw DMS a plus.
- Must be able to multi-talk and work under pressure with a "can-do" attitude.
- Must have the following: Reporting Skills, Research Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Litigation, Client Relationships, Organization, Planning, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Dependability, Client Confidentiality.
Seeking a minimum of an associate's degree or certificate for legal assistant; however, may substitute experience for qualified/skilled candidates.
To apply, please submit resume, writing sample and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Siegfried Rivera is an equal opportunity employer.