Siegfried Rivera has an opening for a Litigation Paralegal with a of minimum 5 years’ experience in complex business litigation. Candidates must be highly motivated, detailed oriented, organized and proficient in digital document management. Experience with e-discovery and operating ESI software is required. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered. Please submit resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research to locate parties, business affiliations, assets, etc.
- Assist in creating ESI Protocols, participate on calls with opposing parties to discuss terms and follow through the course of ESI disclosure.
- Discuss data collection/retention with client and act as liaison between client and ESI vendor in connection with data collections.
- Utilize ESI Software to analyze data sets to confirm completeness.
- Review and code voluminous records for privilege and relevance.
- Identify and summarize key documents, events, witnesses, and related non-parties.
- Collect records from parties and municipalities.
- Assist with creating PowerPoint presentations for mediation.
- Propound discovery, including requests for production, interrogatories, requests for admissions, and subpoenas.
- Create and maintain case chronologies.
- Assist with drafting pleadings, motions to compel, witness and exhibit lists, expert witness disclosures, pre-trial stipulations, etc.
- Assist with expert witness disclosure by sharing relevant records with experts and collecting required disclosure information and expert files.
- Keep cases organized by establishing and organizing files; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; maintain digital database and case management software; confirm case status with attorney.
- Ability to assist attorney with deposition preparation and trial preparation, including organizing evidence, preparing exhibits and binders, communicating with experts and witnesses.
- Attend trial and display exhibits using exhibit display software.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in complex business litigation.
- Must have experience with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Must have experience with PowerPoint.
- Experience with Trial Director or similar exhibit display software a plus.
- Must be able to pay high attention to details, perform well under strict deadlines and communicate effectively with members of the team to accomplish tasks on time and accurately.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong computer skills with the ability to learn new software, if needed. Knowledge of Perfect Law DMS is a plus.
- Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure with a "can-do" attitude.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills; ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, and ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
Seeking a minimum of an associate degree or paralegal certificate; however, may substitute experience for qualified/skilled candidates.
The firm offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
Please submit resume and salary requirement to apply. All submissions are kept strictly confidential.
Siegfried Rivera is an equal opportunity employer.