Veronica M. RabinowitzAssociate
Veronica Rabinowitz joined the firm in 2021, focusing her practice in the areas of commercial litigation and insurance. She represents clients in matters involving construction defect claims, construction lien disputes, breach of contract disputes and first-party property insurance claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Rabinowitz was the chair of the litigation department at a local law firm where she handled the litigation needs of clients in areas such as complex business litigation, derivative actions, shareholder disputes, employment disputes and intellectual property disputes. She is also experienced in handling appeals, having argued before Florida’s Third District Court of Appeals.
- Varela v. South Florals, LLC , Case No. 2018-004612-CA-01, 11th Judicial Circuit in and for Miami-Dade County, Florida – Served as first chair and secured a full jury verdict in favor of the defense after a two-day trial.
- Arrow Properties of South Florida, Inc. v. The Gospel Truth Pentecostal Church, Inc. , Case No. 20180041969-CA-01, 11th Judicial Circuit in and for Miami-Dade County, Florida – Served as first chair and secured a final judgment of foreclosure and a dismissal of the appeal of the same with an award of attorney’s fees and costs.
- Dube v. Proietti , 241 So. 3d 828 (Fla. 3d DCA 2018) – Argued before the Third District Court of Appeal and obtained a per curium affirmance of the entry of a preliminary injunction.
- Casimir v. Unity Investments & Rentals, Inc., 304 So. 3d 1265 (Fla. 3d DCA 2020) – secured a per curiam affirmance of an order for new trial.
- Provident Care Management, LLC v. WellCare Health Plans, Inc., CarePoint Partners, LLC, and Bioscrip, Inc. , Case No. 1:16-cv-61873-BLOOM/Hunt, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida – Secured an Order of Remand holding that downstream provider’s claims do not arise under the Medicare Act.
- Cat Cay Yacht Club, Inc. v. Diaz , 264 So. 3d 1071 (Fla. 3d DCA 2019) – Secured a reversal of an order granting leave to amend to add claims for punitive damages.
- Moebius v. Kfir Moyal, Kfir Moyal Art Gallery, Inc., and Carza Art, LLC , Case No. 1:16-cv-23110-UU, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida – secured a default final judgment in excess of $300,000.00 and permanent injunction enjoining defendants from infringement of valid copyrights held by the Plaintiff for “Marilyn Monroe Bubble Gum” and “Audrey Hepburn Bubble Gum” artworks.
- Universal Protein Supplements Corp. d/b/a Universal Nutrition v. Global Bodyweight Training, LLC , Cancellation Action No. 92,061,526 – securing a settlement after significant motion practice and filings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Trademark Trial and Appeals Board.
- Zelaya v. Buenavista Investments Holdings, LLC , Case No. 2012-30402-CA-01, 11th Judicial Circuit in and for Miami-Dade County, Florida – Served as second chair and secured a jury verdict in favor of Plaintiff.
Ms. Rabinowitz was recognized as a 2021 Rising Star by Super Lawyers. During her undergraduate studies, she was an active member of the Delta Gamma sorority, holding numerous leadership positions. While in law school, she graduated in the top third of her class and was on the Dean’s List for several semesters. Ms. Rabinowitz was also an Articles and Comments Editor for the FIU Law Review and received the book award in Entertainment Law.
In her personal time, Ms. Rabinowitz participates in the annual Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma fundraising walk. She also enjoys reading and exploring Miami’s cultural scene with her family.
J.D., Florida International University College of Law
B.S. in Business Administration, University of South Florida
Southern District of Florida
Middle District of Florida
Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals