Elisabeth D. KozlowShareholder
Elisabeth Kozlow‘s practice focuses on aviation law, commercial real estate and leasing law. She has represented many domestic and international clients in the purchase, sale and lease of personal and business aircraft, with a focus on international clients seeking to purchase an aircraft to be titled under the U.S. Registry. In addition, she has provided representation in other areas of aviation and corporate law. She has assisted developers in the purchase of land for the construction of shopping centers and negotiation of retail leases for developers and health care providers. She also provides corporate consultation to many of the firm’s clients and negotiates construction contracts and disputes.
- Representation of an international client to purchase Canadian registered aircraft for a commercial passenger airline in the Caribbean.
- Representation of an international bank in the purchase of a $55MM business jet.
- Representation of an air ambulance business in the purchase, sale and lease of business aircraft.
- Representation of a Middle-Eastern client in the purchase of a Global Express aircraft for business and personal use.
- Representation of a South African client in the purchase and financing of a business aircraft.
- Representation of an international aviation service center in aviation and real estate matters.
- Representation of a major healthcare provider in negotiating leases for medical retail locations and onsite leases with physicians.
- Representation of a developer in the purchase of land for development and leasing of shopping centers in the Tampa and Orlando areas.
Ms. Kozlow has served as chair and vice-chair of the Florida Bar’s Aviation Law Committee and is a longtime active member of the Committee and NBAA (National Business Aviation Association). She is currently the vice chair of the Committee for 2018 and will serve as chair for 2019. She has lectured on shopping center legal issues at the ICSC U.S. Law Conference, the ICSC CenterBuild Conference, the Conference of the Americas and the Florida Legal Issues in Retail Leasing Symposium. She was a member of the ICSC Florida Conference Program Committee. She has also lectured to the construction industry in the areas of construction contracts and construction liens and bond claims.
- Representing the Non-US Citizen in the Use of Trusts to Purchase US Registered Aircraft
- Issues & Concerns in Aviation Transactions
- Assignment and Subletting: Concerns in Affiliate Transfers
- AIA Contracts
- Construction Contracts: Negotiating Key Provisions (Payment Issues for Owners, Contractors and Subcontractors
- Fundamentals of Construction Issues: Insurance and Bonds
- Lien Entitlement: Activities, Materials and Properties Lienable
- Assignment and Subletting: The Ongoing Wars Between Landlord and Tenant
- Lender Concerns in Lease Provisions
J.D., University of Miami School of Law
B.A., Communications, DePaul University