Lindsey Thurswell LehrShareholder
Lindsey Thurswell Lehr joined the firm in 2015 after serving for several years as an associate attorney with another South Florida law firm where she focused on construction litigation, commercial litigation, real estate law, and condominium/homeowner association litigation. Ms. Lehr has extensive experience in representing general contractors, architects, community associations, subcontractors, real estate developers, investors, landlords and lenders in business and real estate related litigation including construction litigation, community association disputes and general commercial litigation matters. As part of her litigation experience, Mrs. Lehr has been involved in disputes arising from Condo/HOA violations, condominium terminations, developer and turnover obligations, construction defects, landlord/tenant issues, and general contracting disputes. Mrs. Lehr also provides advice regarding operations of condominium and homeowners associations, including election disputes, enforcement issues, terminations and amendments. Mrs. Lehr also works with clients in drafting and negotiating construction contracts and commercial leasing agreements.
Throughout her career, Mrs. Lehr has developed extensive experience in all aspects of real estate law. From large condominium associations to developers, and general contractors to homeowners, Mrs. Lehr is skilled in handling all legal aspects for her clients. Mrs. Lehr’s passion for the law makes her an excellent advocate for her clients in and outside of court.
Mrs. Lehr’s litigation experience includes representation in Florida state and federal courts, including the Third District Court of Appeals. She has appeared for her clients in arbitrations governed by Section 718.1255, Florida Statutes. As part of her practice, Mrs. Lehr has also represented her clients before the Miami-Dade Building Department and other administrative bodies.
- $40.6MM jury verdict on behalf of a Miami Condominium Association against its developer for breach of statutory implied warranties due to construction defects and deficiencies with a robotic parking system.
- $32MM settlement on behalf of a Miami Condominium Association against its insurance carrier for wrongful denial of claim under a Boiler and Machinery Policy.
- $2.5MMsettlement with property insurance carrier over damages incurred by Miami Condominium Association due to neighboring construction.
- $735,000.00 settlement on behalf of a Miami Condominium Association against its roofing contractor for construction defects.
- Successfully pursued countless enforcement actions on behalf of Miami Condominium Associations to require action(s) by a unit owner in order to compel compliance with an association’s governing documents.
- Successfully defended Developers in complex construction defect litigations filed by Miami Condominium Associations.
- Successfully defended Miami Condominium Association in an election dispute filed by a unit owner contesting the validity of a board election.
- Successfully pursued and defended condominium election recalls.
Ms. Lehr is a member of the Dade County Bar Association and the Young Lawyers Division of The Florida Bar. She has also been recognized as a Rising Star by the Florida Super Lawyers and an Up and Comer by Florida Legal Elite.
J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2010
B.A., Economics, University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, 2007
District of Columbia
U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit