Nicholas D. SiegfriedShareholder
Since joining the firm in 2006, Nicholas D. Siegfried has concentrated his practice in the areas of construction litigation, condominium law and community association law. In the construction sector, Mr. Siegfried represents owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers and design professionals at all levels of the construction process. He provides counsel to a diverse client base on matters involving project development, bidding, contract negotiation, mechanics liens and dispute avoidance and resolution. On the community association side, Mr. Siegfried assists clients in recovering delinquent assessments in a timely and affordable manner.
Mr. Siegfried currently serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Miami Law School where he teaches a course on Florida’s Construction Lien Law. Following his first year of law school, he served as an intern for the Honorable Joan A. Lenard, United States District Judge for the Southern District of Florida, and the Honorable Stephen T. Brown, Magistrate Judge for the Southern District of Florida. He was a certified legal intern at the City of Miami Beach Attorney's Office.
- Represented Grycon, LLC, a general contractor, in a claim against the developer of a condominium and adjacent parking/amenities structure in Doral, Florida. Following a ten-day bench trial, the Court found that Grycon was wrongfully terminated and awarded Grycon $6.4MM, plus attorney's fees and costs, and interest.
- Settlement of an arbitration claim arising from design and construction defects in the construction of a residential home in the Bahamas for $2MM.
- Settlement of a construction defect claim for a high-end condominium in Key Biscayne, Florida for over $9MM.
- Settlement of a construction defect claim for a high-end condominium in North Miami Beach, Florida for $4.2MM.
- Settlement of a construction defect claim for a high-end boutique condominium in South Beach, Florida for $2.2MM.
- Settlement of a construction defect claim for a condominium in Little Havana for $2.5MM.
- Settlement of a design and construction defect claim for the construction of a high-end cigar bar in Miami, Florida for approximately $600k.
- Obtained a $4.1MM jury verdict on behalf of a telecommunications company against an HOA.
- Settled a construction defect claim for a high-end condominium on Brickell Avenue for $22MM.
- Settled a construction defect claim for a high-end condominium in Downtown Miami for $15MM.
- Settled a construction defect claim for a high-end condominium in Downtown Miami for $2.2MM.
- Settled a construction defect claim for a high-end condominium in Downtown Miami for $6.5MM.
Mr. Siegfried is Board Certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar, a designation recognizing attorneys’ special knowledge, skills and proficiency in their area of practice. He currently sits on the board of the Latin Builders Association. He formerly served as the Chair of the Young Lawyers Division for the American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Law. He currently serves on the Governing Committee of the ABA’s Forum on Construction Law. He also served as Co-Chair for the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law’s 2018 Fall Meeting in Montreal. Mr. Siegfried has lead presentations on a variety of topics at numerous seminars throughout the nation, such as the Forum on Construction Law’s 2016 Fall Meeting in Chicago. He is active in educating the community on various topics pertaining to the construction industry through articles and speaking engagements. He was recognized as a “Super Lawyer” in the construction litigation category in 2020-2023 and has been named to the 2023 Best Lawyers in America listing under the construction law and construction litigation practice areas.
- Article by Nicholas Siegfried in DBR: “Contractors That Allow Court Notices to Fall Through the Cracks Will Face Severe Consequences”
- Quoted in Articles on Appellate Ruling Against Trump National Doral by Daily Business Review, The Real Deal and South Florida Business Journal
- Article by Nicholas Siegfried in Daily Business Review: “Contractor’s Fraudulent Lien Doesn’t Mean Owner Automatically Wins”
- Interview with Firm’s Nicholas Siegfried Featured in Surety Solutions Blog
- Nicholas Siegfried Discusses His Recent Win Before Third District Court of Appeal in Article in Daily Business Review
- Editor of Florida Construction Lien Law and Florida Construction Law, Aspen Publishers, 2001.
- “Termination and Default”, Construction Law, Co-Authored Chapter 18, American Bar Association, 2009.
- “Subcontract Formation”, Construction Subcontracting: A Comprehensive Practical and Legal Guide, Co-authored Chapter 2, American Bar Association, 2014.
J.D., University of Miami School of Law
B.S., Finance, University of Florida
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida