Nicholas D. SiegfriedShareholder
Since joining the firm in 2006, Nicholas D. Siegfried has concentrated his practice in the areas of construction litigation, condominium law and community association law. In the construction sector, Mr. Siegfried represents owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers and design professionals at all levels of the construction process. He provides counsel to a diverse client base on matters involving project development, bidding, contract negotiation, mechanics liens and dispute avoidance and resolution. On the community association side, Mr. Siegfried assists clients in recovering delinquent assessments in a timely and affordable manner.
Mr. Siegfried currently serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Miami Law School where he teaches a course on Florida’s Construction Lien Law. Following his first year of law school, he served as an intern for the Honorable Joan A. Lenard, United States District Judge for the Southern District of Florida, and the Honorable Stephen T. Brown, Magistrate Judge for the Southern District of Florida. He was a certified legal intern at the City of Miami Beach Attorney's Office.
- Obtained a $4.1MM jury verdict on behalf of a telecommunications company against an HOA.
- Settled a construction defect claim for a high-end condominium on Brickell Avenue for $22MM.
- Settled a construction defect claim for a high-end condominium in Downtown Miami for $15MM.
- Settled a construction defect claim for a high-end condominium in Downtown Miami for $2.2MM.
- Settled a construction defect claim for a high-end condominium in Downtown Miami for $6.5MM.
Mr. Siegfried is Board Certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar, a designation recognizing attorneys’ special knowledge, skills and proficiency in their area of practice. He currently sits on the board of the Latin Builders Association. He formerly served as the Chair of the Young Lawyers Division for the American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Law. He also served as Co-Chair for the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law’s 2018 Fall Meeting in Montreal. Mr. Siegfried has lead presentations on a variety of topics at numerous seminars throughout the nation, such as the Forum on Construction Law’s 2016 Fall Meeting in Chicago. He is active in educating the community on various topics pertaining to the construction industry through articles and speaking engagements.
- Article by Nicholas Siegfried in DBR: “Contractors That Allow Court Notices to Fall Through the Cracks Will Face Severe Consequences”
- Quoted in Articles on Appellate Ruling Against Trump National Doral by Daily Business Review, The Real Deal and South Florida Business Journal
- Article by Nicholas Siegfried in Daily Business Review: “Contractor’s Fraudulent Lien Doesn’t Mean Owner Automatically Wins”
- Interview with Firm’s Nicholas Siegfried Featured in Surety Solutions Blog
- Nicholas Siegfried Discusses His Recent Win Before Third District Court of Appeal in Article in Daily Business Review
- Editor of Florida Construction Lien Law and Florida Construction Law, Aspen Publishers, 2001.
- “Termination and Default”, Construction Law, Co-Authored Chapter 18, American Bar Association, 2009.
- “Subcontract Formation”, Construction Subcontracting: A Comprehensive Practical and Legal Guide, Co-authored Chapter 2, American Bar Association, 2014.
J.D., University of Miami School of Law
B.A., University of Florida
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida